It is a requirement for all students to maintain the school’s Dress Code. The Code is a good and affordable alternative to a full prescriptive uniform. It allows the selection of styles within a range, caters for all seasons and is comfortable.
Reasons for a Dress Code include:
- Promotes the school’s public image
- Increases school spirit, morale and pride
- Convenient and cost saving for parents
- Decreases rivalry between students
- Improves safety and security. Uniforms allow students to be easily identifiable within school grounds and when on excursions.
Madeley Primary School has a community endorsed dress code that, in accordance with the School Education Act of 1999, ALL students are to conform with unless otherwise directed. The cooperation of parents is sought in setting and maintaining a high standard of dress, appearance and cleanliness from their child by ensuring that they conform to the dress code.
The School Board has endorsed the implementation of a Dress Code as it enhances a sense of belonging, focuses students when at school and assists with the identification of unwelcome visitors. The Dress Code also promotes a positive image of the school by ensuring a high standard of presentation.
The school uniform shop has low cost clothing items with school logos available. Students who do not wear items purchased from the uniform shop should ensure that they wear items that match the school colours and do not contain advertising or slogans.
- Clothing which has advertising or denim is not permitted.
- Make-up and jewellery are not appropriate. Single plain studs or sleepers may be worn in the earlobes.
- Long hair should be tied back for health and safety reasons.
- Thongs, scholls, backless sandals and other forms of open footwear must not be worn.
- A school bucket/broad-brimmed hat must be worn whenever working or playing outside.
- Ice blue polo shirt
- Navy blue shorts
- Navy blue leggings
- Navy blue skort
- Blue uniform dress
- Navy track pants
- Navy zip front fleece jacket.
- Faction color polo shirt
- Navy microfibre sport short.
The Madeley Primary School Uniform can be purchased from Wanneroo Uniforms
Address: Unit 1/16 Prindiville Drive, Wangara.
Telephone: (08) 9408 0297
Monday – Friday 8.00am – 5.00pm
Saturday 9.00am – 12.00pm.
Madeley Primary School Uniform https://www.wanneroouniforms.com.au/madely-primary-school/